Eurotherm 3508 Programmable Temperature Control
Eurotherm 3508 Temperature Control
- Powerful single and dual loop controller
- Dual loop control – ideal for processes with two interactive variables
- Precision PV measurement combined with high performance control – yielding consistently high product quality
- Flexible, modular units – up to 6 I/O slots with 16 different module types
- Graphical wiring editor for easy creation of advanced, flexible solutions
- Easy system integration – Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, Profibus and
- DeviceNetTM network Protocols
- Simple and intuitive operation with customizable displays
- Flexible setpoint programming with dual channel capability – up to 50 time based programs
- Advanced features providing custom solutions and small machine controllers
Advanced Multi-Loop PID Controller
The 3508 offers much more than temperature control – advanced features and options make them capable of small machine control. They provide flexible I/O options to control and measure a multitude of processes – temperature, carbon potential, humidity, flow, pressure, level, viscosity, additive dosing and many more. Specialist function blocks, recipe selection, setpoint programmers, math, logic, timer functions and flexible communication options are just a few examples of what makes these instruments a key part of a total process solution.
With an emphasis on flexibility, 3500 controllers still maintain ease of use. A simple ‘QuickStart’ code is used to configure all the basic functions essential to controlling your process. This includes input sensor type, measurement range, control options and alarms – making ‘Out of the Box’ operation truly achievable. More advanced features are configured using a PC based graphical configuration tool – enabling users to pick function blocks from a library then connect them together using soft wiring.
The large, 5-digit display provides a clear and unambiguous indication of the process value. A four-line message centre provides custom or standard views of important information to the user, while vertical and horizontal bar graphs provide visual indication of the process at a glance.
OEM security enables a user to protect their intellectual property by preventing unauthorized cloning of configuration.
Dual Loop with Setpoint Programmer
Two independent PID loops make the 3500 ideal for interactive processes such as those found in carburizing furnaces, environmental chambers and autoclaves. The loops may also be ‘soft’ wired together in creative ways to create cascade, ratio or other intelligent control strategies.
Heat treatment and other processes often require the ability to change setpoints with time. The dual loop 3500 has two programmers which can be configured as synchronized or independent programs. 50 programs with up to two channels can be stored with a total of 500 segments.
A range of plug-in I/O modules caters for individual application requirements minimising stock and spares holding. A total of sixteen module types, including relay, logic, triac and analogue, are available to fit into either three slots on 3508 or six slots on 3504.
The 3500 calculates carbon potential from measuring both the oxygen concentration and temperature of a furnace using a zirconia probe. This enables a dual loop 3500 to be used to control both carbon potential and temperature in an atmosphere controlled furnace.