The G468 is a DIN rail mount, AC input signal conditioner with 1800VDC isolation between input, output and power. The field configurable input and output offers flexible, wide ranging capability for scaling, converting or buffering AC inputs ranging from 5mA to 100mA or 50mV to 250V.
For AC current measurements above 100mA, use the model C006 shunt resistor (0.1 Ohm, 5Watt). This resistor must be wired in series with the current source, with the G468 configured to measure the voltage generated across the resistor (see Figure 3 for an example).
The DC output of the G468 is proportional to the average of the fully-rectified AC input signal, and is calibrated for sine waves between 40-400Hz.
The G468 is useful in applications requiring an isolated, conditioned DC output from an AC signal. Typical applications include energy management, load shedding, motor current/load monitoring, locked rotor detection, isolation and data acquisition. The output of the G468 can drive a digital meter for direct display or it can interface with alarm or control devices, including PLCs and computers.
The G468 is equipped with a dual function LED signal monitor. The green, front mounted LED indicates both DC power and input signal status. Active DC power is indicated by an illuminated LED. If the input signal is more than 110% of the full scale range, the LED will flash at 8Hz. Below -10%, the flash rate is 4Hz.
The G468 has 15 input range switch settings. Trim potentiometers allow 50% input zero and span adjustablity within each of the 15 fullscale, input ranges.
Since the unit has 50% adjustability, it can be ranged so that any 100 volt input span can create the full output (e.g., 25 to 125Vac = full output).
Unless otherwise specified, the factory presets the Model G468 as follows:
The DC power input accepts any DC source between 9 and 30V; typically a 12V or 24VDC source is used (see Accessories).
Refer to Tables 1 through 3 for the proper switch settings. With power disconnected, use the switches (9 & 10) on SW1 to select the input type (voltage or current), on SW2 to select the desired output ranges, and (1-8) on SW1 to select the desired input range.
- After configuring the DIP switches, connect the input to a calibrated AC source. Connect the output to the device (or a load approximately equivalent to the device) and apply power. Refer to the Terminal Wiring Diagram (Figure 2).
- Set the calibrator to the desired minimum and adjust the zero potentiometer for the desired minimum output.
- Set the calibrator to the desired maximum and adjust the span potentiometer for the desired maximum output.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, if necessary for best accuracy.
- Voltage Ranges: 100mV to 250VAC
- Impedance: >100K Ohms
- Overvoltage: 300VAC
- Current Ranges: 10mA to 100mA AC
- Impedance: 20 Ohms, typical
- Overcurrent: 200mAAC
- Overvoltage: 60V peak
- Frequency Range: DC to 400Hz, factory calibrated at 60Hz
- Common Mode(Input to Ground): 1800VDC, max.
- Zero and Span Range: Zero Turn-Up: 50% of full scale range
- Span Turn-Down: 50% of full scale range
- Voltage Output: 0-5V, 0-10V
- Source Impedance: <10 Ohms
- Drive: 10mA, max. (1K Ohms, min. @ 10V)
- Current Output: 0-1mA, 0-20mA, 4-20mA
- Source Impedance: >100K Ohms
- Compliance: 0-1mA; 7.5V, max. (7.5K Ohms, max.)
- 0-20mA; 12V, max. (600 Ohms, max.)
- 4-20mA; 12V, max. (600 Ohms, max.)
LED Indicator (green)
- 8Hz flash when input is 110% of full scale range
- 4Hz flash when input is 10% below full scale range
Accuracy Including Linearity, Hysteresis
- +0.1% of span, typical
- +0.5% of span, maximum
Response Time (10 to 90%)
DC to 60Hz: 120dB
1800VDC between input, output and power.
EMC Compliance (CE Mark)
- Emmissions: EN50081-1
- Immunity: EN50082-2
- Safety: EN50178
- Operating: 15 to 95% @ 45°C
- Soak: 90% for 24 hours @ 65°C
- Operating: 0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F)
- Storage: -25 to 70°C (-13 to 158°F)
- Consumption: 1.5W typical, 2.5W max.
- Range: 9 to 30VDC
Screw terminals for 12-22 AWG
- CSA certified per standard C22.2, No. 0-M91 and 142-M1987 (File No. LR42272).
- UL recognized per standard UL508 (File No.E99775).
- CE Compliance per EMC directive 89/336/EEC and Low Voltage 73/23/EEC.