EPack Compact SCR Power Controller
EPack is a compact fully featured power controller from Eurotherm, combining a high level of functionality and configurability with simplicity of setup and operation.
EPack power controller is a compact fully featured power controller from Eurotherm, combining a high level of functionality and configurability with simplicity of setup and operation. The combination of advanced configurable firing modes allows close matching to load characteristics for maximum process efficiency. EPack is highly configurable and may be adapted for current and future needs using a software key to purchase additional functionality when needed.
Ratings and Physical Format
EPack power controllers are designed to carry currents from 1 to 125 amps, with operating voltage between 100 and 500 Volts. It has a compact DIN rail and bulkhead mounting format in four mechanics depending on the current rating (16A to 32A, 40A to 63A, 80A to 100A or 125A). The units are specified for normal operation up to 45°C. There are two options for auxiliary power supply, 24V ac/dc or 100-500V ac.
Clear visualisation of all operating and configuration information is available on the clear, high definition 1.5″ TFT display. This includes alarm indication as well as process and operating data such as nominal current, load voltage and energy usage. Should a control system fault occur, clear messages allow the precise origin of the problem to be determined, reducing down-time.
- Plastic – Extrusion, Injection moulding
- Food and Beverage – Drying, sterilization, baking
- Glass – Float manufacturing
- Infra-red heating
- Nominal load current from 1 amp to 125 amps
- Voltage up to 500V
- Compact DIN Rail and bulkhead Mounting Format
- Configurable via iTools (PC software) or front panel
- Plug and play Ethernet communications with Zero configuration networking (zeroconf)
- V2, I2 or True power control
- Controls comprehensive range of loads: resistive, infrared, transformer primary, molybdenum disilicide, silicon carbide
- Energy usage measurement
- Advanced load diagnostics
- Integrated dual port Ethernet switch for “daisy chained” communications
- Modbus® TCP protocol