The Vaisala DRYCAP® Dewpoint Transmitter DMT242 provides reliable and stable measurements for industrial dryer applications. It is designed for extreme conditions.
- Ideal choice for low dew point industrial dryer applications
- Incorporates advanced Vaisala DRYCAP® Sensor and enhanced auto-calibration software
- Long-term stability in low dew points
- Fast response time
- Wide dew point measurement range from -60…+60 °C (-76…+140 °F) with an accuracy ±2 °C (±3.6 °F)
- Withstands condensation
- IP65(NEMA 4) housing provides protection against dust, dirt and splashed water
- Can be installed directly into systems at 20 bar maximum pressure
- NIST traceable (certificate included)
- Compatible with Vaisala DRYCAP® Hand-Held Dewpoint Meter DM70
- Optional loop powered display, Nokeval 301
See DMT242 stability test results in an interactive animation on our compressed air measurement specific page.
Vaisala DRYCAP® The Vaisala DRYCAP® Dewpoint Transmitter DMT242 provides reliable and stable measurements for industrial dryer applications. It is designed for extreme conditions. DMT242 incorporates the Vaisala DRYCAP® thin film polymer sensor and auto-calibration software. The standard sensor choice for dry gases and desiccant dryers is DRYCAP® 180M and for more humid applications such as refrigeration dryers, a DRYCAP® 180S sensor. Both the sensors are immune to particulate contamination, water condensation, oil vapor and most chemicals. Because the sensor withstands condensation, its performance is unmatched for low dew point applications that experience process water spikes, such as pipeline condensation during a system failure or start-up. The auto-calibration software works on-line while the process is running. If the measurement accuracy is not confirmed, corrections are made automatically. The DMT242 adjusts the measurement, corrects dry-end drifts and continues to function. Calibration occurs quickly, and with corrections so minor, it will go unnoticed. Compact, Rugged and Intelligent Due to its compact size, DMT242 is quickly and easily installed in tight spaces. Users can perform a field-check by using the Vaisala DRYCAP® HandHeld Dewpoint Meter DM70. The transmitter can be sent to Vaisala Service for NIST traceable calibration. The recommended calibration interval is every two years.